Who We Are
We are a big tack and apparel store in a small package! The Tack Trunk is the only place in Penn Valley with:
- Apparel for youth and adults, including helmets, boots, breeches, gloves, socks, casual shirts, show shirts, and caps
- Horsekeeping supplies, including halters, lead ropes, grooming tools, blankets, bell boots, splint boots, fly masks, treats, and skin and coat care
- New and used tack, including bridles, bits, saddles, saddle pads, and girths
- Dog supplies, including harnesses, martingale collars, leashes, coats, sweaters, and clip-on lights
- Gift items, including jewelry, ear warmers, hand-painted cards and gift boxes, and Whimsy sugar scrubs
We also have an Etsy store, EquinePartnersInc.
Special Events and Sales
Follow our blog and Facebook page for announcements of special sales and events.
Where We Are
The Tack Trunk is conveniently located on premises here at EPI, 11009 Spenceville Road, in Penn Valley, California. We offer a personalized shopping experience and will help you choose the right sizes and items for your needs. We can even bring items to your location, by arrangement. Ask your instructor or text 530-559-1692 (Erin) or 530-263-1878 (Lisa) to schedule your personal sales service appointment.
Drop-ins are welcome! On the rare occasions when both Erin and Lisa are teaching lessons at the same time, there may be a little wait before we are able to help you. We encourage you to text ahead if you are crunched for time, although you are always welcome to watch the lesson while you wait.
Find Us on Etsy
You can order our handmade rope products at our Etsy store, EquinePartnersInc. We offer halters, reins, lead ropes, and accessories for horses. For dogs, we offer leashes and tag clips.
What We Sell
All of our merchandise is from quality brands that we use ourselves. In decades of owning, training, and caring for horses, we know how important it is to have the right equipment for everyone’s safety and comfort.
We carry horsekeeping essentials such as fly masks, bell boots, grooming supplies, hay huts, and blankets.
For riders, we have breeches, helmets, paddock boots, and other apparel in youth and adult sizes. We also have fun accessories such as helmet covers, jewelry, and socks.
We feature gift items for horse lovers and the people who love them (so you can shop for friends and family when you’re here). Think sugar scrubs, skin care, socks, and games and puzzles.
And of course, new and used tack!
For dogs, check out our selection of collars, leashes, and harnesses. We also carry dog coats and sweaters.
Our brands include:
- Coat Defense
- Classic Equine
- Martin Saddlery
- Dover Books
- Equine Couture
- Henri de Rivel
- George H Morris
- Whimsy Skin Care